Pages

Cannabis sativa

Cannabis sativa
thisImage_is owned by Wikipedia_I have no rights on it,its here just for learning
Before we talk about this Plant, first I would like to Share with you what I have in personal, Today When  I was coming back from shower, through My window I saw the beautifully green Plant, when I took a good look at it I was Amazed it was A sativa, How did it grow here I don’t know, May be Birds brought it, I don’t know. Smile Have a look at the Photos below, me and My friends:
dis
I posted this on My Facebook Wall as well see it here
Photo0307[1]
Now lets get back to it as I know it and as it is also on Wikipedia Cannabis sativa is an annual herbaceous plant in the Cannabaceae family. People have cultivated this herb throughout recorded history as a source of industrial fibre, seed oil, food,recreation, religious and spiritual enlightenment, and medicine. Each part of the plant is harvested differently, depending on the purpose of its use.

Common uses

Main articles: Industrial and personal uses of Cannabis, Cannabis (drug), and Hemp

A sack made from hemp fiber
Its seeds are chiefly used to make hempseed oil which can be used for cooking, lamps, lacquers, or paints. They are also used as caged-bird feed, for it is a moderate source of nutrients for most birds. The flowers (and to a lesser extent the leaves, stems, and seeds) contain psychoactive and physiologically active chemical compounds known ascannabinoids that are consumed for recreational, medicinal, and spiritual purposes. When so used, preparations of flowers (marijuana) and leaves and preparations derived from resinous extract (hashish) are consumed by smoking, vaporizing and oral ingestion. Historically, tinctures, teas, and ointments have also been common preparations.